Air Canada is the largest airline in Canada that provides the best possible inflight and airport services to passengers. They even help their passengers in case they need any special assistance. But people mostly look for the answer to how to add pet to Air Canada flight so that they don’t have to leave their pets alone to travel to another place. Air Canada has a policy that is required to be followed by passengers to make the reservation of flight tickets for their pets. Let’s understand the rules prescribed by Air Canada regarding the pet’s reservation.
Air Canada Pet Policy
- The passengers are allowed to carry their pet cats and dogs, provided they have to be small to fit and stay comfortably in the carrier under the seat in front of you.
- The airlines count your pet carriage as one standard item from your carry-on baggage.
- The passengers are allowed to travel with their cabin on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada rouge, or Air Canada Express flights operated by Jazz, Sky Regional or Air Georgian, or Exploits Valley Air.
- The passengers are not allowed to travel with their pets if they are unaccompanied minors or have a seat in an exit or bulkhead row. Passengers who require any special or medical assistance that needs to be stowed underneath the seat are also not allowed to travel with pets.
- The passengers traveling in premium economy or international business class are also not allowed to carry their pets.
- The pets are required to weigh up to 10 kgs as per the policy of the airlines.
- The passengers are advised to add their pet within 24 hours, after which they have made the reservation.
- The passengers must check in at the airport while traveling with pets and present all the necessary documents.
Process of making the pet reservation with Air Canada
- The first step is to get onto the official website of Air Canada and look for the ‘Manage Booking’ option.
- Once you get onto the ‘Manag Booking’ option, enter the PNe number as well as the last name of the passenger to proceed further.
- You’ll get redirected to your reserved flight, where you are required to select the option of ‘Modification.’
- Once you get to the modification page, look for the option of ‘add your pet’ and follow the on-screen instructions to submit the documents and make the payment.
- Once the process is complete, you’ll receive the confirmation in your email or text on your registered phone number.
How much does it cost to add a pet to an Air Canada flight?
It will cost up to $50 or $100 for domestic and international flight tickets with Air Canada if the passengers add their pets to their flight tickets. If the passengers modify their flight ticket after the reservation, in that case, they may also have to pay the modification charges to the airlines.
Hope the above mention details will help you know how to add pet to Air Canada flight and the process required to be followed by you to make the reservation for your pet on the same ticket. Visit the official website for more information. Till then, Have a safe flight with your furry friend!
Some Imporatant links
How to change flight on Air Canada?