United Airlines covers international and domestic travels in and around the U.S., including the six inhabited continents. The refund policies of this airline can differ from region to region. But for the most part, the United Airlines refund policy is the same. They also have special policies in hand considering the pandemic.
- Seats booked one week before the scheduled take-off and canceled more than 24 hours before the take-off are eligible for a refund.
- Basic Economic class tickets are not eligible for the flight change. However, they are eligible for a refund.
- All the surcharges and the fees that the airline collects can get refunded if they are eligible based on the policies.
- If the booking made was partially used, meaning that the passengers traveled only a partial distance before deciding to cancel the ticket, the refund amount will be processed based on the calculations done under the refund policies. So partially utilized tickets may and may not be refunded. Their eligibility will be decided after considering various factors.
- If you booked your seat using a credit card, you would get your refund money back in your account in 7 days ( 1 week). One week from the day you sent a refund request.
- All the bookings made through other modes of payment can take up to 20 days.
This was the basic United airlines refund policy overview. But the world is living in the era of a pandemic, and whether people want or not, canceling flights is becoming the new normal. So to adjust to this new era of travel and tourism, the airline has issued the following policies regarding the refund request.
United Airlines Refund Policy for Covid
Flight can get canceled all of a sudden due to the ongoing pandemic. Many times countries block other countries due to an increase in cases. Sometimes there can be other reasons. United Airlines understands this and provides the following policies to its passengers to aid them in these uncertain times.
- The refund is provided based on how critical the reason is. The severity will be decided by the airlines by considering many factors.
- You can not decide if your ticket is eligible or not. After you submit the request, the airlines will contact you personally to let you know if your tickets are eligible for a refund or not.
- Your tickets may be partially or fully refundable. But this will depend on the type of seat booked, the class in which the seat is booked, date of booking and cancellation, vouchers used, circumstances under which cancellation is applied, etc.
- Please understand that the refund money will be processed within 2 weeks from the date of the refund request.
How do I contact United Airlines for a refund?
- You can easily get in touch by doing the following,
- Go to the United Airlines webpage.
- Find the “Contact Us” tab.
- This will open a new source page where you can find the topic “Refund A Flight” with “learn more” below.
- Opening this will first take you to the United Airlines refund policy page; there, you click the yellow button” Request For Refund.”
- Now a form will open. Fill the United Airline refund form requirements and then submit it.
To learn more about the benefits, you can avail of, and what services you are eligible for, please get in touch with the help center. They have all the resources at their disposal and are well trained to assist you.
Read Also: - How to book group Airlines tickets?