Spirit Airlines has made sure that they provide all kinds of facilities to the customers. Either you are travelling alone or travelling with their child. In case you’re looking forward to sending your child for a solo flight trip due to some reason. Then you must be aware of Spirit airlines unaccompanied minor policy. In that manner, you will be able to maintain the complete safety of your child. Children of all ages are not allowed to travel alone by flight. Further information regarding the unaccompanied minor policy is mentioned below.
Unaccompanied flight policy (Domestic flight):
If you’re thinking, “Does Spirit Airlines charge for unaccompanied minors?” Then the answer is, yes, your child can undoubtedly travel alone on the flight. However, you would need to be aware of the age required for that particular policy because children of all age groups cannot travel alone on domestic flights.
- The child needs to be older than four years of age.
In case the child is 4 years old, or he is less than that age, he not be able to travel alone in the flight. You would need to make sure that they are accompanied by at least a 15 year old guest.
- Children 5-14 years old can travel as Unaccompanied Minor.
In case you have a question, “How old can you fly alone spirit?” The answer is 5 - 14 years old. Then he has the freedom to fly alone, as an unaccompanied minor. That means, even without a 15 years old guest or a guardian.
The 15 years old guest who will be travelling as the guardian of the minor doesn’t need to travel under the unaccompanied minor. They would just need to carry a photo id. After that, he will be able to board the flight with the child.
The charges for the unaccompanied minor service will be collected from the 15 years (or more) older guests.
Important guidelines, which needs to be followed:
- The time you’re making the reservation. You would need to inform the airline that the particular reservation has been made for the unaccompanied minor.
- You would need to make sure that the minor and the guest check in at aleast 60 minutes before the departure time.
- The unaccompanied little form needs to be completed by the parents or any other guardian who comes to see off the little at the airport.
- The form is going to be put inside in the lanyard of the minor by the airport staff.
- The minor must wear the lanyard throughout the journey.
Hopefully, your query regarding Spirit airlines unaccompanied minor policy is sorted. Have a nice flight.