A Detailed Guide on Southwest Airlines Refund Policy
Southwest Airlines is the world’s largest airline in the low-cost segment and is a major airline from the United States of America. It provides the highest domestic flights and scheduled passenger flights to international and domestic locations. Southwest Airlines maintains a transparent customer relationship so that the passengers can be happy about their trip. If you cancel your current Southwest Airlines flight tickets and you wish to know more about Southwest Airlines refund policy, the following will help you get the perfect idea about the same. By going through all the points listed below, you can get how refunds work with Southwest Airlines.
Southwest Airlines Refund Policy
You can understand how a refund works with Southwest Airlines by going through all the points listed below;
- Suppose you purchased a non-refundable Southwest Airlines ticket and abide by its cancellation policy. In that case, you can get travel credits equivalent to the same amount you paid when booking your flight tickets.
- The travel credit is valid for a year and can only be used by the passenger whose name is on the ticket.
- Southwest Airlines provides refundable and reusable fares to its passengers.
- You can opt for cash or a future travel credit with Southwest Airlines.
- If you opt for a refund, you’ll get your money back through the same medium.
- If you paid with the help of cash, the amount would be credited to your bank account.
Thus, one can understand the Southwest Airlines refund policy by going through the above mentioned points. If you meet the mentioned points, you can instantly get a refund from the Southwest Airlines reservations team and use the money to rebook your flight tickets. If you are not eligible for a Southwest refund, you can get a travel credit that you can use for future travel with Southwest Airlines.
Southwest Airlines Refund Policy due to Covid
If you continue with your Southwest flight tickets due to covid and worry about the money you utilized to buy your flight tickets, worry no more because the following will help you significantly. If your flight tickets got canceled due to Covid or you couldn’t carry on with your reservation, you can take help from the following;
- You can cancel your Southwest Airlines flight tickets 10 minutes before your scheduled departure time due to Covid.
- You cannot get a refund on the canceled flight, but you can claim a travel voucher of an equivalent amount.
- One can use the travel credit voucher for flying with Southwest Airlines, and it is valid for a year.
- You’d have to utilize the travel voucher before it expires, or it will be a complete loss for you.
Thus, you can understand the Southwest Airlines refund policy due to Covid with the help of all the steps listed above. If you find the situation relatable, you can take help from all the points listed above.
How to Get a Refund from Southwest?
If you wish to claim your Southwest Airlines refund, the following will help you;
- Visit the official Southwest Airlines website with the help of a browser you prefer.
- Once the page loads, locate and click on the ‘Change/ Cancel’ option.
- Enter the following details to access your flight booking;
- Confirmation Number
- First Name
- Last Name
- Once you’ve entered all the correct details, click on the ‘Search’ option.
- The following web page will showcase all the information related to your Southwest booking.
- Now, click on the ‘Refund’ option and proceed.
- Fill out the ‘Southwest Refund Request Form’ and send it to the reservations team.
- Ensure that you enter all the correct details and mention all the passenger information.
- Once you’ve sent the form, you’ll receive a notification that your response has been submitted.
- Do not forget to contact the Southwest customer service team after sending the request form so that they can fasten up the procedure.
- Once your request has been submitted, it will take 7-10 business days for the refund to be credited to your account, depending upon your bank.
- The refund will be credited through the original payment method within the mentioned time.
Henceforth, you can understand the procedure to get a refund from Southwest Airlines by going through all the points mentioned above and getting your money back eventually for your benefit.
Read Also: - How to book last minute flight?
- How do I get a refund from Loganair?
- How can I get my money back from IndiGo?
- How long does KLM take to respond on WhatsApp?
- How do I change my Loganair flight?
- How long does it take to get a refund from Copa?
- How to change flight on Aer Lingus?
- How do I get my money back from Ryanair?
- How long does it take to get refund from Qatar Airways?
- Does Avianca have a 24-hour cancellation policy?
- How to get cheaper flights on American Airlines?