JetBlue is an American low-cost carrier that provides affordable travel services to passengers. Let’s say you booked a flight with JetBlue and want to increase your carry-on baggage allowance because of your toddler. In such cases, you can increase your baggage allowance online or request the airline to do so. The airline might charge some extra fees to increase or add carry-on baggage. To add or increase your carry-on baggage allowance, you must learn about the JetBlue Carry on policy, which is discussed in the article given below. The article also discusses how you can add carry-on baggage by contacting customer support.
JetBlue Carry on policy
A passenger is allowed one carry-on bag and one small bag inside the flight. The carry-on bag can be kept beneath the seat, which is in front, or in the overhead bin. The small bags must be kept under the seat in front of you. The airline is not responsible for the carry-on baggage. All the passengers must take responsibility for their baggage. The following are the policies for carry-on baggage:
- You can keep a bag, which includes wheels and handles, in the overhead bin. The bag's dimensions must not be more than 22 inches x 14 inches x 9 inches.
- The dimensions of the small bag which is to be kept under the seat must be 17 inches x 13 inches x 8 inches.
- The baggage should not weigh more than 7 kg.
- The airline guarantees the passengers on domestic flights within the U.S. that their baggage will be on board as long as it meets the requirements mentioned above.
- If the baggage of any passenger fails to make it on board, the airline pays the passenger 25 USD travel bank credit.
- Special items like umbrellas, infant car seats, etc., can also be carried on a flight.
JETBLUE CARRY-ON POLICY INTERNATIONAL
JetBlue has a different carry-on policy for international travelers. The following are JetBlue’s carry-on policies for international flights:
- You cannot carry cardboard boxes and plastic bins on international flights.
- The carry-on baggage must be within the 7 kg limit.
- If you are traveling in business class, you can carry up to 10 checked bags, while for economy class, it is 9 bags.
- The weight allowance for business class is 32 kg.
JETBLUE BAGGAGE FEE
JetBlue charges an additional fee if your baggage exceeds the weight limit. The weight limit for checked baggage at JetBlue is 22.68 kg. If your bag exceeds the weight limit or the dimensions, it is considered excess baggage, and you need to pay a fee. To learn about JetBlue baggage fees for domestic and International flights, read the following.
- If your bag weighs in the range of 23.13 kg-44.91 kg, then you have to pay 150 USD per bag to/from London.
- If your bag’s dimensions are in the range of 160 cm-203 cm, you need to pay 150 USD per bag to/from London.
- If you want a discount, you can add up to 2 bags in advance and save 5 USD on each bag.
- Bags exceeding the weight mentioned above and dimension limits will not be accepted by the airline since these are not as per its baggage policies.
You can also get more information regarding JetBlue carry on policy by visiting their website. You can add carry-on baggage either online at their website via Manage Booking or by contacting the customer support team. You can contact customer support via phone, email, live chat, or social media. To contact JetBlue customer support, you must follow the given steps:
- Go to their official website, www.jetblue.com.
- Reach the bottom of the page and click on Contact Us.
- The contact information page will open up, where you will find their phone number and email address.