Singapore Airlines demands that your ticket's name should be exactly the name on your passport or valid legal ID. If this criterion doesn't match, then you aren't permitted to board your flight. As a result, Singapore Airlines' name change policy has a liberal approach to correct the passenger's name on the ticket. You are allowed to fix the misspellings of up to 3 characters of your name. Moreover, update the salutation, maiden/married name, or middle name. Do you want to know how to change name in Singapore airlines? Keep reading to find out all the essential details.
Singapore Airlines name change policy
There are certain restrictions on the name change or corrections. Check out these restrictions below:
- Singapore Airlines doesn't support a complete change of name as this can lead to a change of passengers.
- Mainly the tickets offered by the airline are non-transferable.
- You are allowed to change before the journey begins.
- It doesn't permit passengers to make corrections via phone.
- The proof is required to correct your name, such as your passport, driver's license, divorce and marriage certificates, etc.
Singapore Airlines Name Change Form
Name change Request Form by Singapore Airlines is allowed to the PPS Club and KrisFlyer members with the help of a screenshot. However, the name on your membership card should match the name on your passport. In case it doesn't match, you can consider filling out Singapore Airlines' Name Change Form. You can check this link for the Change Form, https://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/ppsclub_krisflyer/charts/NameChangeForm-April2016.pdf. After that, you can send that via mail or fax. You can refer to the address shared below:
- For Email: KF_contact@singaporeair.com.sg
- For fax: +65-6789-8777.
How to Change Name on your Ticket
If your name is not correct on the flight ticket, you can connect customer support via a phone number to reach Singapore airlines. Your tickets are booked by third parties, not directly by the airlines, talk to your travel agent to fix the issue. However, a name change can not be requested by phone.
If you desire to connect the customer support, follow the steps shared to reach the right executives:
- Dial the contact number +1-866-399-0587 to change the name.
- Select 1 or 2 to choose your language.
- Follow the IVR instructions to select your issues.
- Press1 to reserve a flight.
- Press2 to inquire about refund-related issues.
- Press3 to change a flight/seat/name.
- Press4 to sort out the queries related to the baggage services.
- Press# to talk with a live representative.
- Press* to request a call back from Singapore airlines.
You need to Press 3 to rectify your name. And the live representative will change the name for you besides the necessary guidance for the correct documents that would help you to change the name. How to change name in Singapore airlines? This process will allow you to change the name.
Does Singapore Airlines Charge any change fee?
Usually, minor name corrections such as spelling mistakes don't attract any name change fee. However, changes and corrections can ask you for an Airline Service Fee of approximately USD 50.
But it can also involve a cancellation fee when you have a new PNR, including a name change after marriage, divorce, or adoption. You have to pay a price that depends on your ticket type. For Economy class passengers, it is USD 75, and Premium Class considers USD 100. In the case of Business and First class, you can pay USD 200 and USD 500, respectively.
Dealing with some kind of problem, you can consult with customer support for the exact fee because sometimes your ticket fare conditions can differ depending on the time of reservation. For more information, you can always refer to the official website of Singapore airlines.