Sometimes, people make the reservation of their flight ticket in advance, but due to unavoidable circumstances, they have to proceed with the cancellation. The passengers traveling with Finnair don't have to worry about the cancellation of their flight tickets, but the passengers often think about how long does it take to get a refund from Finnair? It will generally take two-three weeks for the refund to get credited to your bank account. But before that, it is necessary for the passenger to know the refund policy and process of Finnair.
Finnair refund policy
- As per 24 hours risk-free period, the passengers are allowed to get a complete refund of their flight ticket if they make the cancellation in the initial 24 hours of reservation. However, this rule applies to the reservation made at least seven days before the scheduled departure.
- Suppose the passengers make the cancellation of their non-refundable flight ticket. In that case, they will only get the travel credit of half their ticket amount after their cancellation.
- If the cancellation is made by the airline due to any technical issue in the plane, then they will be liable to provide the passengers with a complete refund of their ticket amount.
- If there is a delay of three hours and the passengers opt for the cancellation of their ticket, they will get a complete refund and compensation for the delay and inconvenience caused to them.
- If the passengers cancel due to boarding being denied, then the passengers can get a complete refund of their flight ticket.
- If a third party makes the flight ticket reservation, then the passengers have to contact the third party to get a refund.
- If the flight ticket reservation is made through cash or cheque in that case, the passengers are required to provide their bank account details in which they wish to get the refund.
How do I get a refund from Finnair?
The passengers can easily get a refund for their flight tickets online through the airline's official website. All they need to do is follow the steps mentioned here for you as follows.
- Jump onto the official website of Finnair and look for the 'Manage Booking' section in the top tab of the homepage.
- Once you get onto the "Manage Booking' page, enter the PNR number as well as the last name of the passengers to proceed further.
- You'll get redirected to the flight detail page, where you are required to look for the option of cancellation.
- Get onto the flight cancellation page, and follow the process to make the cancellation of your flight ticket.
- Mention the reason for the cancellation to get a refund as per the policy.
- Once the process is complete, you'll get onto the payment page, where you are required to follow the on-screen instructions to make the payment of cancellation charges.
- Once the cancellation process is complete, a link will appear on your screen. Click on the link to get redirected to the refund form.
- The passengers are required to submit their details and the reason for the cancellation, after which they must submit the form.
- You'll receive the confirmation in your email, and the refund will get credited to your account in the mentioned business days.
How long does it take to get a refund from Finnair?
Finnair takes slightly longer than the other airlines to initiate the refund of flight tickets to the passengers. It will currently take up to two-three weeks for the airline to initiate the refund of their flight ticket to the passengers.
The above-given information will help you proceed with the refund of your flight ticket with Finnair, and you can also connect with the customer service executive and ask them to initiate the refund of your flight ticket. For more details, make sure you visit the official website. Till then, have a safe flying experience!