Unlike other airlines, Singapore Airlines provides different services and facilities, and all its policies have answers to the question that is frequently asked by passengers "How do I get a refund from Singapore Airlines?" what is the refund policy of the airline and many other questions that may arise after or before using the services. So, to deliver answers to all of your doubts, below is a discussion to clear you up; please go through the mentioned points:
Singapore Airlines Refund Policy
Suppose you have canceled your flight, or the airline has canceled the flight due to some reason, for example, Illness, poor weather, or you are unable to board the plane on time, and different other reasons. And if you are wondering how do I get a refund from Singapore Airlines, then it is recommended to go through the following points that are taken from the refund policy of Singapore Airlines, and that should be kept in mind before requesting a refund from the airline. Please have a look at some points:
- If you have purchased the ticket directly from Singapore Airlines, then only you will be provided with the refund.
- If your ticket is non-refundable, you are eligible to request a refund from Singapore Airlines.
- You may have to incur an additional fare or cancellation fee to cancel your ticket and request a refund.
- You can get a full refund from Singapore Airlines if your flight is canceled within 24 hours of your booking. (only on the flights that are either booked to the USA or have been booked from the USA.)
- If your reservation is canceled within 24 hours of your booking, then no additional fare will be charged.
- If you cancel your reservation after 24 hours and request a refund, then you may have to incur additional fare.
- You can be charged "No-Show" if you have missed submitting the refund or assistance form. And in case you are looking for a process to request a refund from Singapore Airlines, then please consider the following mentioned steps that will assist you:
- Request a refund via the "Assistance Request Form."
- Visit the official website of Singapore Airlines.
- On the Homepage, tap on "Travel Info."
- Under the section of "Covid-19 information center," tap on "Assistance Request Form."
- Then go below the page, and choose "Booking Enquiries ."
- Then, you are required to fill in details that are asked there, for example, the Reason for requesting a refund, booking reference, name, etc.
- Then submit the form. (and they will reach out to you as soon as possible.)
How long does it take to get a refund from Singapore Airlines?
To get a refund from Singapore Airlines, there can take days to provide a refund to passengers who have requested a refund for canceling their flights, but it depends by and large on the basis of the nature of booking your ticket reservation. Please give a look:
- If you have purchased your tickets with your credit card, then it may take seven business days and you will be credited back the refund. (canceling fee may be charged if you have canceled your tickets after 24 hours of your bookings.)
- And if you have purchased your ticket with cash or cheque, then it may take 20 days to process a refund.
- And if the process gets more delayed, then you can reach out to the customer executive of Singapore Airlines at (800) 742-3333.