Suppose you are going to fly with China Eastern Airlines, but some news flashed on the news declaring that the Airline will remain inactive for the time being. So now you have decided to cancel the flight ticket and ask for a refund to book a new flight to get to your destination as you need to attend an important meeting. If you want to know how do I get a refund from China Eastern Airlines, then this article belongs to you. Keep reading the article.
China Eastern Airlines Refund Policy
Whenever you need to make a refund request to the Airline, you are advised to go through its refund policy. This would be helpful for you as it would tell you the right time and protect you from any possible mess. Here are the crucial policy points given for your reference.
- If you have booked your ticket a week before the flight departure and make a refund request within 24 hours of the booking, you will be entitled to a full refund.
- If you make a refund request after the risk-free period of 24 hours, then you will get a partial refund after deducting a cancellation fee.
- If you cancel the ticket a few hours before the flight departure, then a considerable amount of the cancellation fee will be deducted, and the rest will be refunded to you.
- Both kinds of flights– domestic and international flights can be canceled and refunded.
- The cancellation fee varies depending on the time you have made a refund request, ticket type, or other factors.
What methods can be used to make a refund request from China Eastern Airlines?
The Airline has this understanding that passengers may need to cancel the flight, so they have made their policies and procedures flexible for the convenience of passengers all over the world. Here are the methods given for your reference. You can use any of these as per your choice.
Make request Online
You can easily make changes to your bookings or cancel them by managing the booking online. This method is relatively easy, so connect your device with a better internet connection and stride for the following steps:
- Go to the official website at us.ceair.com
- Here on the home page, you need to tap the My Trip tab
- Choose the order management option
- Here you need to fill in the asked details as your name and ticket number
- Click on the Manage Booking button
- Now you can cancel the flight and choose a refund option in exchange.
- Hit the continue button
Refund through Phone call
You can also request to get a refund on the phone call. You need to make a call at their customer service phone number, which is 1855-589-5530. After connecting call at this number, you will have to follow the IVR commands as follows:
- You can press 1 to make new bookings.
- You are instructed to press 2 to know the flight status.
- You can press 3 to make a refund request.
- Or you can press the # key to speak with one of the live executives of the Airline with whom you can discuss your refund request. Your request will be registered and processed.
Refund Request Form
The Airline has also put forth a refund request form that you can fill out and make your refund request.
- You need to go to the official website of China Eastern Airlines
- Then you need to scroll the home page
- Now click on the refund.
- Now you can fill the form with asked details.
- You can submit the form
- Request will be processed right after the submission.
To know more about how do I get a refund from China Eastern Airlines, you are suggested to go to the original website of the Airline, where you can get more precise information. You may also make a call its helpline number. Talking to the live assisting team representative will help clear various doubts.
- How can I talk to a live person at Aegean Airlines?
- How do I contact KLM to complain?
- How long does it take to get a refund from Finnair?
- How much does it cost to change a flight date on Aeromexico?
- How do I get the best discount on flights?
- How do I select my seat on Kuwait Airways?
- How to book flight tickets for infants?
- How do I get a refund from China Eastern Airlines?
- What is the cheapest day to book a flight on KLM?
- How do I get my e-ticket from Delta?