Delta Airlines serve flight services to passengers at low prices depending on the travel destination. You need to make the flight reservation on the call or visit their website. Moreover, you can make mistakes in the online reservation before the scheduled departure. Therefore, you can edit or change the delta airlines name on the flight ticket for your destination to fly comfortably. For this, many passengers ask how do I change my name on Delta Airlines and update the flight journey. You can read the given rules and regulations for the same to proceed with the changes.
Steps to change the name on the Delta Airlines flight ticket:
Passengers can change the flight name online through the website or the mobile app. For this, you can follow the given information for the same.
- To begin, you must proceed to the Delta Airlines online website at www.delta.com.
- After that, you can choose the My Trips tab mentioned at the top of the screen.
- You need to put in the confirmation/credit/debit/ticket number with the passenger's first and last name.
- You will see the reservation information with them when you select the search button.
- Therefore, you can choose the suitable flight you wish to correct the name.
- There will be a drop-down menu where you can select "change the passenger name."
- You can edit the passenger name on the resulting screen and attach the government-approved document.
- At last, you are required to pay the applicable fees, if any, and confirm the process.
- Delta Airlines will provide you with the new confirmed ticket having the updated passenger's name in your mail.
Besides the above steps, you can also communicate with the customer service operator for help. They will assist you in how do I change my name on Delta Airlines flight tickets before the scheduled departure of your destination.
Delta Airlines name change policy
If you want to change the passenger's name, you must be entitled to the suitable points for the policy as given below.
- You can change the passenger name within 24 hours of the flight reservation to get rid of the fees. However, the flight booking must be completed seven days ahead of the scheduled departure.
- If you change the traveler's name after 24 hours, you will be entitled to fees that vary between $25 to $500.
- Passengers are allowed to change up to their last name, which must match with the government-approved ID proof.
- Sometimes, the female passenger got married after the reservation. For this, Delta Airlines allows you to edit the name by submitting proof of the marriage.
- Delta Airlines allows you to edit up to three characters of the name for the suitable location.
- If you have purchased the flight with an online travel agency, you must connect with them to make the changes.
What is the cost of changing the name on a ticket with Delta?
The flight name change fees will depend on the various situations, such as the ticket type, destination, number of letters, and number of passengers. If you change the name within 24 hours, there will be no fees or charges. But after that, a cost between $50 to $400 will be applied to your flight ticket.