Going somewhere on a flight is a big task for adults. And when it comes to sending the children alone somewhere, it gets a problematic deal. But many airlines have different and safe policies when it comes to unaccompanied minors. Similarly, Delta Airlines also gives you the surety that the child will be safe with them. However, you must know Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor policy before you book your child's ticket with it.
Let's check some of the important Delta Airlines policies for unaccompanied minors.
Delta Airlines policies for unaccompanied minors
Age requirement: There are specific age requirements if your child is traveling without any adult.
- Children of age 4 or below are not allowed to travel alone. There must be an adult of 18 years or above with the child.
- If your child is between the ages of 5-7, they can travel only on non-stop flights.
- If your child is between the ages of 8-14 years, they can travel non-stop and some connecting flights.
- Children aged 15-17 can travel as standard passengers, but they can pay an extra charge for the unaccompanied minor reservation service if the parents want.
Fees: If you are thinking about what is Delta unaccompanied minor fee is, then the answer is $150(plus taxes) each way. You need to pay the fee in US dollars if making the reservation from the US. Also, Euro and Canadian dollars are accepted depending on the location.
Connecting flight rules: The children cannot travel on the red-eye flights between 9 pm to 5 am. However, some exceptions can be made if no other connecting flight is available and travel is important. In such cases, the child will be accompanied by the Delta Airlines staff.
Check-in and pickup rules: The check-in process won't be allowed if the child is alone at the check-in computer without their parents. Some parents wonder about does Delta Airlines require ID for minors. In response to this, an ID card and contact number are compulsory during the check-in process.
- The child should wear a traceable bracelet or wristband with a barcode at the time of checking and boarding.
- The child will be handed over to the authorized person only after checking the valid ID at the time of pickup.
These are some of the policies that you should know before sending your child alone at Delta flights. If you want to know more about Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor policy, you can check the airline's official website. You can also contact the customer support of Delta to make the reservations for their unaccompanied minor.
- How to change Delta Airlines flight?
- Top 10 busiest airport in the World
- How do I get through to Hawaiian Airlines?
- Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor policy
- How can i change my seat on Delta?
- How can I get in touch with Turkish Airlines?
- How do I get in touch with Loganair?
- How do I speak to a live person at Spirit Airlines?
- How do I get in touch with Aer Lingus?
- How do I contact British Airways by phone?