Going somewhere on a flight is a big task for adults. And when it comes to sending the children alone somewhere, it gets a problematic deal. But many airlines have different and safe policies when it comes to unaccompanied minors. Similarly, Delta Airlines also gives you the surety that the child will be safe with them. However, you must know Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor policy before you book your child's ticket with it.
Let's check some of the important Delta Airlines policies for unaccompanied minors.
Delta Airlines policies for unaccompanied minors
Age requirement: There are specific age requirements if your child is traveling without any adult.
- Children of age 4 or below are not allowed to travel alone. There must be an adult of 18 years or above with the child.
- If your child is between the ages of 5-7, they can travel only on non-stop flights.
- If your child is between the ages of 8-14 years, they can travel non-stop and some connecting flights.
- Children aged 15-17 can travel as standard passengers, but they can pay an extra charge for the unaccompanied minor reservation service if the parents want.
Fees: If you are thinking about what is Delta unaccompanied minor fee is, then the answer is $150(plus taxes) each way. You need to pay the fee in US dollars if making the reservation from the US. Also, Euro and Canadian dollars are accepted depending on the location.
Connecting flight rules: The children cannot travel on the red-eye flights between 9 pm to 5 am. However, some exceptions can be made if no other connecting flight is available and travel is important. In such cases, the child will be accompanied by the Delta Airlines staff.
Check-in and pickup rules: The check-in process won't be allowed if the child is alone at the check-in computer without their parents. Some parents wonder about does Delta Airlines require ID for minors. In response to this, an ID card and contact number are compulsory during the check-in process.
- The child should wear a traceable bracelet or wristband with a barcode at the time of checking and boarding.
- The child will be handed over to the authorized person only after checking the valid ID at the time of pickup.
These are some of the policies that you should know before sending your child alone at Delta flights. If you want to know more about Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor policy, you can check the airline's official website. You can also contact the customer support of Delta to make the reservations for their unaccompanied minor.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a Delta callback?
Delta Airlines is a major airline of the United States. Delta has been the best in providing the best customer service to protect the booking that the passengers can seek from Delta by their official site or at its airport. Many passengers ask questions related to how do I get a Delta callback? There are many solutions to contacting Delta airlines or getting a call back from the airlines' service team. Some of them are given below:
- First, open an internet browser on the device.
- Go to the booking page to choose a contact mode showing on the page and select the queries for which passengers want a solution over a phone call.
- To request a refund after the flight cancellation, they should email a travel agent and send a refund call back request to get a call back from the Delta customer care phone number.
- If the passengers want to ask some critical questions about Delta Airlines, they can visit the booking website.
- Passengers can also find a message service and live chat assistance through which they can get a callback from the Delta service team. after requesting a live person who can be approachable for the assistance.
Some of the ways are given above through which they can contact the service team and get a call back from the Delta Airlines service agent.