There are times when we book a flight ticket and have to cancel it due to unavoidable reasons. In such cases, you feel the need to cancel the flight and pay so much cancellation charge. Other than that, sometimes, you want to transfer your flight ticket to another person to avoid cancelation. If you are having questions about can I transfer a flight ticket to another person, you will find the answer below in this article.
Are passengers allowed to transfer their flight tickets?
If you think about giving your flight ticket to another person, you must check with the particular airline. The reason being not all airlines allow ticket transfer due to fraud cases or other such reasons. If you want to see whether you can give your ticket to a friend or stranger, you need to check with the following point:
- If your ticket mentions "restricted" or "non-transferable," you can't transfer your tickets.
- You need to check the particular airline to know the transfer policy.
- Some budget airlines allow ticket transfer. You can read the policies before booking a flight ticket.
- You can contact customer service to know the answer of can I transfer a flight ticket to another person.
- If you have booked a business or first-class ticket, you can't transfer it to another person.
Once you have checked all the above points and your airline allows you to transfer your ticket, you need to follow the steps below.
Steps to transfer the flight ticket to another passenger
- You need to get on the official website of the airline.
- Now open the Manage Booking page or Reservations tab from the homepage.
- After this, you need to click on the Change or Modify button.
- Enter the name of the person you want to transfer the ticket to.
If your airline does not allow the ticket transfer, you need to cancel the flight ticket and rebook it with another person's name on it. Because most of the airlines allow only name correction and do not permit you the ticket transfer.
If you find it necessary to transfer your flight ticket to another passenger, you need to contact the airline's customer support. You will get the contact details from the official website of the respective airline. The customer representative will help you provide the answer of can I transfer a flight ticket to another person.
Can I change the passenger name on an airline ticket?
Often people make mistakes while filling in their details and confirming without verifying. Hence, it is better to verify their details before submitting, but if you have made the same mistake and are willing to correct it; then the airline gives more flexible options to the passenger; by using this, anyone can change the name on the flight tickets.
There are two types of name change the first is the correction, and the second is the legal name change. In both situations, passengers need a valid identity document.
To briefly see the name change policy and fee, read the below points:
- Passengers can correct three alphabets of their name on their ticket for this, you need to contact customer care support, and there will be no fee imposed by the airline.
- If the passenger needs to change more than three alphabets of their name, they will have to pay some charges. The charges will be given on the official website of the airlines.
- If you were going to make a legal change in your name, you would have to show the affidavit of your new name. It is time-consuming, so it is better to cancel the ticket and book a new flight.
I hope you will get the answer to your question.
What airlines allow you to transfer tickets?
Transferring a ticket means you get to transfer your ticket to another person after making the booking of any particular ticket. Only a selected number of airlines allow you to transfer the booked ticket to another person. You will have to make a payment in this case. The airlines that enable you to transfer the tickets are hence listed below:
Easyjet: Only if you have made the bookings before 60 days are you allowed to transfer the booked tickets.
Vueling: You can change the name or transfer a ticket to anyone else if you are doing it within 24 hours. You will be charged $50 in this case.
WestJet: If you have a companion ticket, you can only then transfer a ticket.
Wizzair: You can transfer your Wizzair ticket three hours before the scheduled departure. You will have to make a payment of $35.
Flybe: If you bought the ticket for 15 or more days, you could transfer the ticket. You will have to complete it within 24 hours of making the purchase.
Read Also: How to find the cheapest flight tickets