Sometimes passengers are not entirely concentrated while filling the details when bookings the or due to reasons like marriage or divorce. Passengers need to make changes to the name after making the reservations. If the passengers travel by the air Lingus airlines, they will avail of many facilities like offers, deals, additional facilities for premium bookings, COVID free travel, etc. Changes that passengers can do at Aer Lingus airlines are name changes, flight changes, seat changes, etc. If the passenger wants to make changes in the bookings or make a correction in the name, they can also do it. If you want detailed information about Can I change a passenger name on an Aer Lingus ticket? Then you need to read below.
Can I change a passenger name on an Aer Lingus ticket?
Yes, the passenger gets the facility to make changes in their name, and sometimes the passenger can make these changes free of cost, and sometimes the passenger must pay the charges. Passengers can get these changes through the online process, or if the passenger is making changes for the first time, then it is better to connect with the representative and make the changes.
Aer Lingus name correction policy is mentioned below
- If the passenger makes the bookings from the Aer Lingus airlines official website or mobile application, they want to correct their name within 24 hours of making reservations; they can do it without paying any charges.
- If the passenger wants to make changes after the 24 hours free window, then the passenger must pay the charges, and these charges will if the date left in the boarding date is less than 15 days.
- If the time left on the boarding date is less than seven days, then the passenger cannot change the name.
- If the passengers book the flight using any miles, they will not need to pay any charges for changing their name.
- The passenger will only be able to change three letters of the surname; the passenger will not be able to make changes in their initial name.
- If the passenger makes the booking from any official representative of Aer Lingus airlines, then they need to contact them to make changes in the name.
- If the passengers get married or divorced after making the confirmed reservation, they can make changes in their name without paying any charges.
- If the passenger wants to change more than three letters of their name, it is better to purchase a new flight ticket because Aer Lingus airlines will not allow the passenger to do it.
The steps you need to follow to change the name are given below
- First, you have to open the official website of Aer Lingus airlines.
- Then open the section to manage bookings from the screen.
- Following this, fill out the last name of the passenger and booking reference in the given space.
- On the following screen, your bookings will be open; you need to select the reservation you want to make changes.
- Further, you need to open the name-changing tab and make the changes according to your preference.
- Now you need to attach valid documents with it on which the correct name is present.
- Next, you need to open the payment section and if the payments are available, then pay them online or through a card.
- Last you will receive a confirmation email of making changes to the name.
How much do Aer Lingus charge for a name change?
The amount that passengers need to pay to make changes in the name will depend upon the route, destination of the flight, and time left on the boarding date. If the passenger goes to any international destination and makes changes in their name, then they have to pay charges between 120USD and 150USD.
If the passenger goes to any domestic destination, they must pay charges between 90SUD and 110 US. These charges will increase as per the departure date.
The above statements will give you information, Can I change a passenger name on an Aer Lingus ticket?. Still suppose if you have any concerns left, you can also connect with the official representative of Aer Lingus airlines. You will get many ways to communicate like phone, live chat, and email; you can choose an option to communicate with them.
Aer Lingus manage my booking